.: About ISTE :.
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI), it was converted into "Indian Society for Technical Education" in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technological education.
The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations.
Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, AICTE/DST/MIT/State Govts. are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education.
• Promotes for better career development opportunities and service benefits for teachers.
• Updates and motivates teachers through training and information dissemination.
• Provides training to students to become "Master Students".
• Encourages innovation and excellence in students and teachers through various means including a variety of Awards at State and National level.
• National and State level Annual Conventions, separately for teachers and students.
• Informative bi-monthly Newsletter to all members.
• Publishes comprehensive quarterly Indian Journal of Technical Education.
• Provides financial assistance to Chapters and Sections for selected activities.
• Visiting Professor Scheme for reputed faculty members.
• Free travel facilities to several members of ISTE Chapters to attend ISTE National Annual Conventions.
• Developed over 100 Master Trainers and 500 Trainers in various areas.
• Publishes a comprehensive and uptodate data book (ISTE Handbook) on technical education facilities in India.
• Membership of ISTE enhances the self-confidence and self-esteem of teachers and students.